When it comes to brand names, it should tell as much as possible with just 1-2 words. With beauty brands, the name should be able to give an identity to your products. If the name properly fits your beauty business, it can already make an impact in the market. Choosing a brand name should be the first task after building the business because this name will put you up on the map.
Thus, get those wheels in your brain turning to come up with a name that represents your brand. Having trouble, keep reading to get some friendly tips to help with coming up with the right beauty brand name.
Beauty Brand Personalities
Before deciding on a name, it is good to know the personality of your beauty brand. Because you will want to have a name that suits your brand’s personality.
- Scientific- Some beauty brands are all about treating the skin and making it healthy by using formulas approved by dermatologists. Such brands are easily able to gain the customer’s trust because people trust science. Beauty brands like these usually have names that use words like derma, formula or clinic, etc.
- Sophisticated- These companies want to make their customers feel pampered; thus, they try to make their products and designs very sophisticated. Such brands have quite a lot of options when it comes to brand names. Many of them go for French-sounding words or personal names with a bit of wordplay.
- Accessible/sensible- These brands are all abount being convenient and affordable. They make products with 2-in-1 benefits. These brands are easily available in retail and drug stores. Their names also give an impression of convenience without any complications.
- Natural/clean- Such companies promote health, wellness, and sustainability. Thus, these brands like to put their brand mission in their names. Their names are of descriptive type. The names are meaningful.
- Glamorous, playful, or edgy- The beauty companies with such personalities are usually the trendy brands that keep coming up with new products that attract the eye. They always use bold and witty names, add popping colors to their brand names and use stylish fonts to showcase their brand personality.
Tips for Finding a Good Beauty Brand Name
Once you know your beauty brand personality, use that to find the right brand name.
Match the Name with the Brand
If a name can depict your beauty brand’s personality and nature, the customers will easily relate to the names. They will connect with the brand and would like to use it.
Keep it Simple
Even if products are luxurious and sophisticated, going for names that are too difficult to spell or pronounce may make it difficult for the customers to remember them. And you will probably lose them to competitors.
Going for witty names and using different languages is a good idea as the name will stand out. It should not offend people. But before finalizing the name, make sure to check the meaning in different languages in case you grow your brand globally.
With such a big industry, the name you choose may be already taken by some company in some part of the world. So to avoid trademark and copyright issues, thoroughly check the availability of the brand name. Also, you will have no problem with social media handles and web domains if the names are unique.
Naming your beauty brand is a one-time process done at the time of setting up the business. So think big and about the future before finalizing a name. And if you feel stuck and want some ideas, feel free to visit the namoxy site for some creative and unique brand name ideas.